#Resist: Progressive Summit coming to Las Cruces!
I’ve been organizing in progressive politics for a while but I’ve never seen anything like what we are seeing now.
Donald Trump let white nationalists loose in the White House, walked away from our best chance to address climate change, is working to take health care away from 24 million Americans and now he’s trying to shrink our national monuments and public lands.
Oh, and he fired the FBI director to stop an investigation into his presidency.
But Trump is not alone. Steve Pearce votes with Trump 93% of the time.
It’s time to fight back – are you ready?
In January, more than 500 progressive voters joined Senator Martin Heinrich, Congresswoman Michelle Lujan Grisham, Sec. of State Maggie Toulouse, Attorney General Hector Balderas, State Auditor Tim Keller, Public Education Commissioners, candidates for mayor, governor and lt. gov and more than two dozen state and local elected leaders to organize for New Mexico’s first Progressive Action Summit.
But we couldn’t cover everything and not everyone could attend, so we’re doing it again.
This time we’re headed to Steve Pearce’s back yard: Las Cruces.
Our last summit sold out quickly so don’t wait. Get your tickets now.
We’ve got some exciting panels from local folks as well as some great leaders from around the state. We’ve got something for everyone including:
- Legalization of marijuana in New Mexico- Rep. Bill McCamley will discuss the current status of pot in the state and where we can go from here.
- Voting culture- Dona Ana County Clerk Scott Krahling will discuss how he and his staff are working to build a more engaged voting culture in southern New Mexico.
- Defenders of Reproductive Justice Fight Back – Do you care about maintaining and building access for abortion? Then join us for training on a sure-fire way to tell your story and why abortion and reproductive freedom matter to you.
- Candidate Training Track – Ever think of running for office? Think you could take the plunge? Come and learn some important skills and meet others who want to step up in New Mexico.
- Spotting Fake News – In today’s saturated media markets, how do you know who to trust? Learn some key skills and get involved in the conversation about rising above the #FakeNews deluge.
More panels discussing immigration, education, public lands, art as an organizing tool, and organizing in rural areas will be announced soon!
Our summit isn’t just about educating our wider progressive community but every session is designed around an action. Each panel and speaker will have something YOU can do to help move the cause forward in New Mexico.
We listened to your suggestions at our last Summit and have aimed to keep the cost down and as affordable as possible so as to include as many of New Mexico’s voices as possible.
Please also do keep in mind that the cost of the event includes, parking, entry, and lunch from a small local business.
Exec. Director, ProgressNow NM