Our next RESOLVE meeting will be
Friday, March 10!
at Northern New Mexico College
in the Montoya Building Dining Room
5:30 Potluck (bring a dish!)
6:00 Meeting Begins
We seem to be growing, and gaining traction. The Renewable Energy Festival is off and running, sure to be a great event–thanks in small but notable part to RESOLVE.
For the next meeting, let’s organize some more of the projects we have talked about so far!
So, on our agenda:
- Planning an educational/fundraising event: presentation and bake sale, highlighting Addiction/Recovery, through Inside Out and Barrios Unidos.(Event date/place: April 9 at the Historic Los Luceros)
- Providing organizational Support for RESOLVE for the following responsibilities: communication, web management, development of the agenda, providing childcare services at meetings
- Helping Somos un Pueblo Unidos implement their Community Plan. This plan, developed by the immigrant community, identifies the following tasks would be helpful:
- Making contact with schools, churches, and the sheriff–working with them to strengthen immigrant-support policies
- Signing up as an ‘observer’ who can record civil rights infringements if they occur.
- Supporting a phone tree and Facebook group