Reports from Las Cruces & Southern New Mexico.
- Open Enrollment for Health Insurance Coverage Closes December 15th
There is a deadline on the horizon that is supremely important to thousands of New Mexicans. This time of year many folks are focused on the calendar for holiday purposes. ProgressNow New Mexico, however, wants you to quickly turn your attention to your health. As we head into the last days of 2017, the days are even fewer in regards to how many you have to make a decision about your health coverage.
- “Preemption” – Progressive wins in New Mexico cities may be at risk at the state level
The Las Cruces City Council seated its new and re-elected members today and, in a flourish of newly proposed business, Read more…
- Hundreds of New Mexicans ask Congressman Pearce to “Step Up”
Today the Step Up Steve coalition today released a letter to Congressman Steve Pearce from nearly 700 New Mexicans asking Read more…
- “Progressive-backed candidates win every race in Las Cruces”
Cruceños went to the polls yesterday and rallied behind progressive candidates across the board.
- Behind the curtain of the Koch operations: local campaign disclosures provide window on Koch campaigns (if you know where to look)
Charles and David Koch spent $960 million in the 2016 elections, mostly on campaigns attacking progressive candidates and causes. But Read more…
- Happening Now: Conservatives and Progressive face off for control in ABQ, Las Cruces elections
We are entering into a pivotal time in New Mexico. In Albuquerque, citizens are approaching a runoff in the mayoral race Read more…
- Here’s why Steve Pearce is really mad about Zinke’s plan to change New Mexico’s monuments
Secretary Ryan Zinke is proposing big changes to New Mexico’s national monuments, but he didn’t recommend eliminating or shrinking and Read more…
- Once again, Rep. Steve Pearce holds town hall and doesn’t really say anything
Congressman Steve Pearce attended a small community meeting in Anthony today to answer questions about immigration, public lands, and healthcare Read more…
- [BREAKING] Dona Ana County Republican Chair resigns after racist posts go viral
Roman Jimenez is OUT as leader of the GOP in Dona Ana County.
- [TAKE ACTION] Dona Ana County Republican Chair has history of unacceptable behavior, ties to ICE. Sign the petition to have him removed
A day after a racist-laden post about recent events in Charlottesville landed Dona Ana Republican Party Chairman Roman Jimenez in hot water, ProgressNow New Mexico has delved deep into the Jimenez’ history on Facebook and discovered more egregious content ranging from advocating for rape to condemning all drug users to death.