Reports from Las Cruces & Southern New Mexico.
- [BREAKING] Dona Ana County Republican Chair resigns after racist posts go viral
Roman Jimenez is OUT as leader of the GOP in Dona Ana County.
- [TAKE ACTION] Dona Ana County Republican Chair has history of unacceptable behavior, ties to ICE. Sign the petition to have him removed
A day after a racist-laden post about recent events in Charlottesville landed Dona Ana Republican Party Chairman Roman Jimenez in hot water, ProgressNow New Mexico has delved deep into the Jimenez’ history on Facebook and discovered more egregious content ranging from advocating for rape to condemning all drug users to death.
- [WATCH] New Mexico non-profit leaders call on Rep. Steve Pearce to Step Up
Representatives from a wide ranging coalition of New Mexico non-profit organizations held a press conference in Las Cruces today, highlighting Read more…
- JOIN US! We need all hands on deck to protect our National Monuments
Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke will be touring areas around the Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks National Monument later this week. It’s all part of his Trump-based agenda to “review” national monuments across the west that were created with the Antiquities Act. These important landmarks contain countless historical, scientific, and recreational resources for all Americans to enjoy and study while preserving our important past.
- [BREAKING] Doña Ana BOCC rejects GOP “review” resolution, instead passes support in STRONG support of National Monument
After a marathon meeting Tuesday, Doña Ana County’s Board of County Commissioners passed a resolution in STRONG support of the Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks National Monument. The move was directly aimed at sending a clear message to those in Washington calling for a reduction in the sizes of national monuments.
- [ACT NOW] Doña Ana County to vote on National Monument status
Residents in Dona Ana County will, once again, have to respond to this call of action RIGHT NOW to oppose lone Republican commissioner Ben Rawson’s call to support Trump’s “review” process. There’s also a counter resolution being presented supporting the monument AS IS and commissioners will have to vote on one or the other.
- NEW: Pearce says these 800 business people should decide the size of our monuments. Let’s send him thousands who want them protected.
Just one day after Trump’s Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke told a Senate committee that he had not yet Read more…
- [ACT NOW] Time is running out for your comments to save our National Monuments
Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke said in testimony yesterday that he would come to New Mexico and see first-hand Read more…
- PRIDE Events Around New Mexico – Supporting Our LGTBQ Communities
We here at ProgressNow New Mexico know that it is important to walk the walk of solidarity. We work in support of the building of safe and equitable communities for all. This weekend we will march in the Pride Parade in proud support of our LGTBQ friends and family, brother and sisters, neighbors and friends. We hope to see you there.
- [WATCH] Members of the public shout “SHAME SHAME SHAME”as DAC County Commission refuses public input
This just happened