ProgressNow New Mexico Seeks Communication Specialist (Updated 8.2020)
Are you interested in communicating about progressive issues across our state? Do you have a passionate desire to use your communication expertise to uplift progressive values? ProgressNow New Mexico is seeking an experienced Communication Specialist to join our team of four. The Communications Specialist will provide leadership and support to the team through research, content creation, graphic development, and more; making this position an integral part of the organization’s work. This position will focus heavily on reproductive and racial justice. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. All interested individuals, especially people of color, women, persons with disabilities and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or intersex are encouraged to apply.
Key areas of work for the position are:
- Development of digital communication content including graphics creation
- Identify opportunities for using social media advertising to target key audiences for various posts and optimal response, grow the audience base, and share relevant content.
- Seek to build influencers list and groups to share relevant progressive communications with
- Overseeing social media engagement activities
- Researching content and data for key topic areas
- Providing support by editing and developing content for press releases, blogs, etc.
- Prepare external documents such as emails, thank you campaigns, and table communications.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of demonstrated experience
- Demonstrated experience working in public relations or marketing with 2 years of experience
- Possess a solid understanding of effective communication and marketing techniques including an experienced knowledge base of social media practices and use
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational, planning, communication, problem-solving, time management and collaborative skills
- Strong technology skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products, database systems, Internet, email, social media practices, email broadcast platforms, basic computer graphic design skills, photography skills and video editing skills.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively for a variety of audiences
- Must be willing and able to work occasional nights and weekends
- Multiple languages including English and Spanish
- Experience working in policy and/or advocacy
- Working knowledge of website content management systems specifically WordPress, knowledge of SEO and SEM practices including keyword research, and Google Analytics
Annual salary commensurate with experience – $50,000 plus benefits
Interested parties should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com A more detailed job description will be provided after initial phone screenings take place.