ProgressNow New Mexico (PN) and ProgressNow Education Fund (PNEF) seek an engaged and experienced Communications Specialist.
PN/PNEF are nonprofit, nonpartisan, grassroots communications and advocacy organizations working to unite, empower, and enhance the progressive voice in New Mexico.
Are you interested in communicating about progressive issues across our state? Do you have a passionate desire to use your communication expertise to uplift progressive values? ProgressNow New Mexico is seeking an experienced Communication Specialist to join our team of four. The Communications Specialist will provide leadership and support to the team through research, content creation, graphic development, and more; making this position an integral part of the organizations work.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Key areas of work for the position are:
- Development of digital communication content including graphics creation
- Identify opportunities for using social media advertising to target key audiences for various posts and optimal response, grow the audience base, and share relevant content.
- Seek to build influencers list and groups to share relevant progressive communications with
- Overseeing social media engagement activities
- Researching content and data for key topic areas
- Providing support by editing and developing content for press releases, blogs, etc.
- Prepare external documents such as emails, thank you campaigns, and table communications.
Required and Preferred Skills
The Communications Specialist must have experience and proven skills in the following areas:
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of demonstrated experience
- Demonstrated experience working in public relations or marketing with 2 years of experience
- Possess a solid understanding of effective communication and marketing techniques including an experienced knowledge base of social media practices and use
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational, planning, communication, problem-solving, time management and collaborative skills
- Strong technology skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products, database systems, Internet, email, social media practices, email broadcast platforms, basic computer graphic design skills, photography skills and video editing skills.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively for a variety of audiences
- Must be willing and able to work occasional nights and weekends
- Multiple languages including English and Spanish
- Experience working in policy and/or advocacy
- Working knowledge of website content management systems specifically WordPress, knowledge of SEO and SEM practices including keyword research, and Google Analytics
The salary for this position is $50,000. Benefits include health care, dental/vision, and paid time off.
Though a majority of the work is performed in an office during regular business hours, though participant in evening or weekend events may occur. Some in-state and out-of-state travel is required.
PN/PNEF is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, immigrant, bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the LGBTQI communities.
How to Apply
Please send your résumé and a cover letter to Marianna Anaya at email@example.com and Alissa Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must detail your commitment to the missions of PN/PNEF as well as why and how your experience, skills, and background make you the best candidate.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the successful candidate has been selected. Questions regarding this posting should be directed to the aforementioned email address. No phone calls, please.