This is a one stop landing page for open positions at ProgressNow New Mexico.
Check out the following job descriptions and share!
Reports to Deputy Director
Position Type Full-time Exempt Position
How to Apply: Send resume and one paragraph on why you are interested to email@example.com
(After the initial applicant review, finalists will be asked to submit a writing sample and graphic design and/or short video samples.)
About ProgressNow New Mexico
We envision a New Mexico that prioritizes systemically excluded communities to ensure that families and individuals have equitable access to the tools and resources they need to grow, create, and thrive in our neighborhoods. As New Mexico’s progressive communications hub, we center justice for systemically excluded communities by building political power through partnerships, trusted digital communications, and issue-based and political campaigns through our two organizations. Learn more here: www.progressnownm.org
Overview of Role
The Communications Specialist is responsible for supporting organizational projects and partner collations priorities with creatives (graphics and videos), content for email and blogs, digital tool kits and development of scripts and messaging for said creatives.
- Must live in or be willing to relocate to New Mexico
- A deep commitment to social justice and progressive ideals
- Graphic design and video creation experience
- Ability to relate to and work with diverse groups of people and NM-based organizations
- Good advocacy writing skills, including translating complicated policy issues into laypersons language
- Knowledge of grassroots and grasstops campaign strategies and tactics and integration of digital organizing into those campaigns
- Be very well organized and comfortable working in a fast paced and diverse environment.
- Strong research and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with our various teams, balancing and soliciting input from multiple internal and external stakeholders
The ideal candidate will meet most of these requirements. However, if you are committed to progessive ideals and don’t meet all requirements, please still apply! Training will be provided to the selected applicant by the ProgressNow New Mexico team and state and national partners.
We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. All interested individuals, especially people of color, women, persons with disabilities and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, nonbinary or intersex are encouraged to apply.
- Creates, edits, reviews and updates a variety of assets and audiences for print and digital content
- Assists with developing digital communications for coalition partners
- Creates and develops engaging content including developing graphics and/or video to accompany it
- Assist with developing digital communication for table partners
- Drafts, conducts research for, and helps develop content for one-pagers, talking points, issue briefs, related charts and visuals, infographics, and presentations to be used with selected internal or external audiences
- Creates, edits, reviews and updates content for a variety of assets and audiences including online content, news releases, articles, newsletters, email, website and social media sites
- Designs and/or oversees the production of various online pieces including content creation and editing
Social and Digital Media
- Works closely with Social Media Manager to develop creatives related to overall organization social media strategies
- Supports ProgressNow staff and campaigns by developing a multitude of creatives utilizing messages development
- Supports social media engagement activities including planning, implementing, layout, graphics, and posting
- Provides regular interactions with followers to increase engagement
- Keep abreast of the latest social media best practices related to creatives that get higher engagement
- Provide feedback, give input and provide expertise on this ever-changing medium to tweak and optimize for best social media results
Content creation and writing
- Develop content for organizational blog posts
- Support in research, graphics, data for blog posts by other staff members
- Edit organizational documents as necessary
- Prepare other external documents such as emails, thank you campaigns, and table communications
- Share key messaging guidance with table partners
- Knowledge or experience in placing ads on the web and/or multiple video streaming platforms and other non-social media platforms
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus