Congratulations, Congresswoman-Elect Melanie Stansbury!
About Melanie Stansbury, Democratic Candidate for Congressional District 1
Melanie Stansbury was born in Albuquerque and raised as a New Mexican organizer. Stansbury has dedicated her career to the “heart of New Mexico” — the community that showed her care and support. After years of work on land, water, and community issues in New Mexico, Stansbury went to Washington D.C. where she joined the staff of the Office of Management and Budget during the Obama administration and later the U.S. Senate in the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources to work on these issues at the national level. She currently serves as the first woman elected as State House Representative to District 28. Stansbury is committed to lifting up the voices of New Mexicans, addressing food and housing insecurity, fighting for universal access to healthcare, building and diversifying our economy, protecting our sacred lands and waters, and tackling global climate change.
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren
- Dr. Jill Biden
- Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham
- Planned Parenthood Action Fund
- EMILY’s List
- Moms Demand Action
- SMART UNION
- Albuquerque Area Fire Fighters – IAFF Local 244
- International Brotherhood of Boilermakers
- Safe Communities Coalition
- Democrats Work for America
- Bernalillo County Federation of Democratic Women
- Southwest Carpenters
- League of Conservation Voters Action Fund
- Progressive Caucus
- Equality New Mexico
- Demand Universal Healthcare
- Sierra Club Rio Grande Chapter
- Diné Equality
- NM Native Vote
- UNM College Democrats
- 314 Action Fund
- Climate Hawks Vote
- May 4: CD 1 Voter registration ends (by mail or online). (Missed it? Same day registration is available.)
- May 4: First day that absentee ballots can be mailed to voters (who have submitted an absentee application), and first day that voters can cast their vote in person at their local county clerk’s office.
- May 15: Additional early voting locations open.
- May 18: Last day to request an absentee ballot (domestic).
- May 25: Last day to request an absentee ballot (Military-Overseas).
- May 29: Last day of early voting.
- June 1: Election Day.
Information provided by the Secretary of State. For more: NMVOTE.ORG